About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, August 26, 2019

Back to School - 2019

My kids started school 3 weeks ago - the day after we got home from Alaska.  So they had to sleep off that four hour time change pretty quickly, and without half of their clothes! Thankfully I didn't have to pack their first day of school outfits.
I now have a 4th grader and a 10th grader!
I was so happy this was there the first day as we missed open house because of vacation and they had the picture frame one available then!!
I put out the signs again.  So last year when I put them out ( Back to School - 2018 ) there was no one around and I was able to get away with no one knowing it was me that did it (other than the principal of course!), this year?  Everyone and their grandma was at the school at 7am (classes don't start until 8:15) so I was NOT anonymous this year!
I bought these from amazon for about $70 - so we can use them every year and not have to pay for the sign lady to come out and do it!  I'm sure each year I will expand on what is put out there!
Her yearly picture in front of her school's mascot.  We didn't start this tradition with Cale because at one school there wasn't a mascot displayed and it just didn't happen for those two years he was at that school. (I know, I know I'm a terrible mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment