About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, November 18, 2019

Gulf Shores, Alabama

We came home from Vegas at 645 Saturday morning, and we headed to Gulf Shores by 1pm!  It's a 4 and a half hour drive from our house.  We typically go toward the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area of the gulf shore, so this was our first time on the Bama side of the gulf.  Our good friends own a condo down there and this was our first time to be able to check it out!
Because it was October when we went, it wasn't blazing hot but it wasn't perfect beach weather either.  It was a little chilly.  (or chilly by Southern standards)
Their condo is right near the beach, they have a great view of it as well!
Their condo is in the building on the left right above the guy in the grey hoodies head, which his ear is right where the actual condo is!
We were so exhausted from all the traveling but it was SO worth it!
Saturday morning it wasn't as gloomy as the night before. All the boys got in the water.  I don't mind the beach water but it was a little too cold for me!



In the distance you can see the oil rigs, Cale said "next time we come we should stay at one of those water hotels" we all died laughing!
Almost everyone in their condo's has a beach view!






He loves being buried!
I enjoyed getting to read more of my book!
I don't know what I was trying to catch him doing, but he caught me and gave me a face!
We washed up and the the owners needed to make a run to home depot for renovation supplies so we made a quick stop at the outlets and the guys went on to home depot.  (the couple that owns it uses one week in the off season to clean, update, renovate the condo for the next season - we visited them when they were just starting their projects)
She truly is my discount and deal finding shopping buddy!!  We got some great stuff!
The guys picked us up sooner than we wanted them to, so we made them sit in the back with the new tools and flooring!
After dinner we went and walked along the beach to hunt ghost crabs.


You can kinda see the little ghost crab.  We didn't keep them but Cale had a great time catching and releasing.


Dang he let me get close!

All the little skitter marks the crabs make going to hide!



We bought phase 10 at Walmart and taught Cale how to play.  It's a cut throat game when you play with me!  
They played their hand together.  Cale held the "phase" and Lisa held the discards.
We kept joking that because they were playing fair and not nasty, that God was on their side with the cards they kept getting!  Every time they had a hand full of wilds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment