About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, November 15, 2019

Las Vegas Day 4 - and leaving

our last day:
If you have read any part of my blog you know that when I travel on an airplane, I bring a water bottle to fill up in the airport to avoid paying $5 for a single bottle of water.  When we travel as a family each person gets their own water bottle.  Every morning and every night I would bring my 4 water bottles to the Johnny Rockets that was open 24 hours a day (they were right across from the elevators), and fill them up with water.  The first night I did it (when we had just arrived) a guy on the elevator razzed me for doing it, and an older lady said it was a good idea and she couldn't believe she never thought of it and would bring her own bottle from now on!
Tim was STILL sick, so I went down at 8am (the first available time the little kiosk was open) and got him some Dayquil.  This sprite and Dayquil cost me $12 (with the Dayquil coming in at $9.99 for a single dose!).  I brought it back upstairs for him with a breakfast sandwich because he said he felt like he could finally eat something.
We then headed to eat breakfast at Mandalay Bay buffet.  Because we left at 8am the trams weren't open so we had to walk through Excalibur and Luxor to get to Mandalay Bay.
The second time we went to Vegas in 2012 and were staying in Mandalay Bay I found this Lush store.  It has AWESOME bath products.  I found my favorite ever lotion bar (which they don't sell that scent anymore) but also they have my favorite lip balm.  I picked up a couple since we don't have a Lush close.
He was happy he got a waffle!  So while Cale is in full blown wrestling season during this trip we didn't really watch what he was eating.  He was walking 7-8 miles a day so burning anything he was putting in.  When we weighed him the morning after we got back he had only gained less than half a pound.
One of the couples in our group decided to do a timeshare tour - with that they got tickets for the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.
She said we owed her for being at the tour for 4 hours the day before!


I'm not sure what Cale saw as I was snapping the picture!

Sting Rays!


The two "bubba's"

We went and finished packing up the room, and headed for the airport.  We had a couple hours to kill but had to check out of our room.
He was so miserable that he had to leave the bed!  We were waiting for Cale to redeem his tickets he won at the arcade the night before.
I think it's hilarious that the airport has slot machines!
We were there about 3 hours early, so we headed to the USO near the baggage claim.  Tim was excited he could lay back down.
They had sandwiches, salads, snacks, drinks....




We finally decided to go through security.  Las Vegas TSA agents weren't as accommodating to Tim's TSA pre-check status with a family as Atlanta was.  They would let Tim and Cale through but not Kennedie as she was over 12.  So we just went through regular security.  Let me draw your attention to Cale's bag xray.  You see that pointy sword?  Yeah I told him to put that in the bag going under the plane.  Thankfully it was a small trinket sword (in a stone) and it was plastic so they didn't make him get rid of it.  Between this sword and the knife I pulled from his bag before we flew from Atlanta he is REALLY trying to get us kicked out of the airport!
AGAIN our flights were delayed.  We were delayed 3 hours this time.  We were supposed to arrive in ATL at like midnight but we didn't arrive in until 3am.
It was really hard to sleep on this flight - I just couldn't get comfortable.  At one point I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I found this kid on the floor making himself comfortable.
We finally made it to ATL and waited what seemed like an hour for our bags to come down.  This sign was cracking me up.  We seriously don't call it Hotlanta!

Despite frontier delaying us 3 hours when I arrived at work Monday morning I found 4 $75 vouchers to use with Frontier, so they totally made it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment