About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019 - and Thanksgiving weekend

not many pictures to show - but we had a great time as usual!
The only requirement for Thanksgiving dinner with our Ohana is that you bring a meat, side and a dessert.  That way there is enough to feed all of us!  Which is nice because none of our families have to cook an entire thanksgiving meal by themselves!  We all share the burden and we get to eat LOTS of different foods.
There were about 6 families total that came.  It was 30 kids!

We always hold it at the guys work because no one has to clean their house before or after the event.  And the kids can run amuck and not break anything!  Aunties and Uncles usually are the ones helping the kids serve their plates. (and to make sure they don't ONLY eat bread and desserts!)

After the kids go through, the adults go through.
SOOO MUCH meat!



Then the moms started looking at the Black Friday ads!
My festive outfit for the day!  I love the vineyard vines long sleeve shirts! They are so cute!


These guys were accidental twinsies!  When they were taking the picture I said "babe you are like Danny DeVito and he is Arnold!" everyone cracked up!
And then we all laughed harder when these was videos from Jumanji were showing up on Facebook and Instagram! (It's funny because a lot of people assume our friend is The Rock because of his size and because he is Hawaiian.) I sent it in a group text and everyone was cracking up at the coincidence!
We cleaned up the gym and went home.  I did a quick outfit change and off I went to Black Friday shopping!  I had a full gas tank...
and my ad's and I was ready to go!
I made it to target a couple minutes before my friend so I made sure to document my outfit!  Last year we forgot to take any really good pictures!
I love my toms!  I got them last year and they GLOW IN THE DARK!
Saturday we went to the movies and Santa was there!   Cale did a dab right before I snapped the picture I told him "give me a nice picture please!" and then Santa did this.  It was hilarious!
The kids wrote their Christmas lists for me.  The last one on Cales list cracks me up.  He's definitely my child!  "All I want for Christmas is YOUUUU BAAABBBYY" (sung like Mariah Carey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment