About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, December 23, 2019

Retirement Ceremony!


We are nearing official military retirement.  I won't lie and say it doesn't scare me, because it TERRIFIES me.  I've only known my husband as a soldier so transitioning into a civilian employee is going to be weird, no more uniform, no one dictating where he has to be, no more clean shaven face...

We had his retirement ceremony a few days ago because he goes on official terminal leave in January.
Of course when I needed my family to be in nice clothes it was DOWN POURING in Georgia.  I had Tim run to his truck and I got all the other things in so he wouldn't be soaked in his uniform, totally took one for the team.  I wore my hunter rain boots and packed my suede red shoes to put on when we got to the venue.
Gah I'm going to miss this uniform!
I was gifted a beautiful emerald bracelet that a family friend said I was going to inherit and she gave it to me and said "I'm not wearing it no reason you shouldn't!" 
In another post after Christmas I'll share the challenge I set for myself in wearing something Christmas related everyday of December until Christmas.  I had to tone down my Christmas this day - but I brought it out in my earrings and my red shoes!
Tim and "mom" (she is the mother of the man we named our son after and has adopted our family as her own...she's the one that gift me the bracelet!)
Got to the venue and set up an area for our Ohana to sit.
We weren't allowed to sit with our Ohana and had to sit in a seat in the front in order of presentation.
This picture warms my heart - All the guys making sure Tim was right and ready in his uniform.
LOVE these new red shoes!  I got them at Ross for $10!!! They are even comfortable!

Ugh I'm so sad this picture is blurry!
 Ready to walk that stage!
On stage and Tim being presented for retirement.
Our Ohana presented us with Lei's - I loved this part!!
 
 Classic Tim pose!
 Baby friend was so cute.  I was bent down talking to her and trying to get a hug, and she was taking my Leis off. I thought she wanted to wear it.  She kept putting it down on the ground.  Her mom told me that she was taking it off of me because baby friend was told "no touch, not for you" so she thought I shouldn't be touching it.  It was so cute, she was trying to not get me in trouble with her mommy!
Our Ohana and fight family that came to the ceremony.  Tim has truly made a name for himself in the combatives and MMA community.  I can't wait to see where that takes him in the future!
On our way to Old Chicago for lunch.
"mom" fixing his tie for a picture.
Our official picture.  Of course Cale's eyes were closed!
His friend said "your tie was crooked the entire time and it was making me crazy!" so he fixed it.

I'm so glad that we were able to have extended family come down - if it was only for a night to celebrate this exciting time in his life.  He has worked so hard for our family, his friends, his soldiers and his country!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete