About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Galentines Day 2020!

You know my friends and me love ANY excuse to get together and celebrate!  We started this tradition 4 years ago and it's one of my favorites!

I was responsible for planning and executing this event.  So I had a TON of notes in my phone, and would jot one down when I thought of it.  I was pretty proud of myself for my planning on this one.  Normally I'm throwing it together last minute and apologizing to my friends for it being a hot-mess express.  I refused to let that be my story with this event.  I dropped Kennedie off at dance Saturday morning and then went and ran a few errands.  I stopped by target to get the heart place holders I had seen the week before and decided that didn't need, well obviously after marinating on it I NEEDED them.  In the Target complex is a Fresh Market and a Dollar Tree.  Walking toward the Dollar Tree I decided to stop in the Fresh Market to see their flowers (my original plan was to go to Sams and get roses for the table).  I saw the prettiest Tulips and magenta "filler".  So for $15 and saving a trip to Sams I was pretty happy.
After all my errands this is what my car looked like.  I texted this picture to my friends and told them that Galentines threw up in my car!
We live far enough away that going home and waiting for your kids to get done with their activities isn't an option.  So I pulled in (we were in a swing space for dance to fit everyone so no parents were allowed inside) and waited an hour and a half for Kennedie.  I pulled out my book and got to reading.
I wish I had brought a blanket but I found a new hoodie and got even more comfortable.
Finally got home and finished the last of my bags and put the flowers in their mason jars.  I got myself ready and loaded my car.
A coworker had me make her a shirt for Valentines day and as a thank you she bought me these awesome earrings!
Obviously I was feeling myself! haha
We started at a painting place.  This place I didn't like because it wasn't an instruction painting like I'm used to, it was pick a painting and then copy it, but ask for help when you are stuck.  I picked a pretty painting but didn't know my skills were WAY lower than it.  So I stopped at some point and let Kennedie fix it as best she could when I got home.




This was behind me while I was painting.  I sent it to Tim and asked him how he liked my painting!
Finally made it to our restaurant - which was just a block away from the painting place!

When the table was ready, and they were paying their tabs at the bar I got the table ready.  I was pretty proud of myself!
Flowers turned out to be so cute!  At the end of the night all the girls got to take home one.

I love chatchkie holiday items!  It just adds to the fun!
She was happy that blue is both our favorite color but I gave it up because it was the only one in the pack.
This was the first time some of us got to meet our newest "niece" so we had fun fawning over her, though she slept most of the time!

We spoiled each other.  Another table asked what the gifts were for and we told them and they said they were going to do that next  year!  Just spread the love people, celebrate your gal pals!
"Please no pictures..."
She is just the cutest thing!

I had a blast planning and celebrating my "tribe".  These ladies help me make my world go round and raise my kids.  I don't know where I would be in life if it wasn't for having them have my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment