About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

2020 Georgia Little Kids State Wrestling Championship - WE HAVE BIG NEWS!!!!

This weekend we had Cale's wrestling state tournament that marks the completion of the regular season.  The fair grounds are only about an hour and 20 away from our house.  The day before Kennedie had dress rehearsal for dance competition.  Tim could only stay to watch her perform in her costume for the first time for one of her dances.  He then had to go and drive 3 hours to Augusta to corner two of his fighters. 

We woke up Sunday morning at 5 and out the door by 530 to make it to Perry for weigh ins at 7.

About 15 miles from the venue this little light started shining.  Normally because my tires always have an issue with air I don't freak out.  This light didn't come on and then I hear the tire was gone so I thought it was just a cold issue and it would go out.  (Had I heard a commotion I would have pulled over to investigate).  About 6 miles from the venue my car starts veering to one side or the other - almost like the wind was pushing it but there was no wind.  So at this point I start praying "please let me make it to this venue so he can get weighed in and THEN I can deal with the tire".
I pull into the parking lot (at this point I do start to hear some noises from the back end) I wake my sleeping buddy up.

As he is changing into his singlet I go and investigate.  Tire - completely shot.  DANG IT!  I was just SO thankful that we made it to the venue.  Once I got inside several of the dads caught wind I had a blown tire and that Tim hadn't made it to the venue yet (it was easier and faster for him to drive into Perry from Augusta then driving home and then go into Perry) and they offered to go out and change it.  Thankfully we already had roadside assistance on the way to change it.
Got my dude inside and him all weighed in - he was ready to EAT!

I got a sublimation printer in October and I'm having a blast playing with it.  I made these earrings to wear JUST for this event.
He's waited so long to have a moon pie!

We had awesome seats (until they changed his mat number - and we moved to another area)
Cale warming up.
You know you are in old man status when you have to bring a butt cushion to sporting events.

The last three years this has been our busiest weekend - and we threw in fights as well.  Saturday was competition dress rehearsal and Sunday was state wrestling.
Ya'll these two parents were exhausted!!! We woke up at 5 or 445 both weekend days and moved kids from place to place...
Cale's friend Bella called him to wish him good luck!
 First match we knew going in was going to be a tough one because Cale went into this unranked.  This is his opponents second match and he pinned the kid within 10 seconds his first match.  Cale gutted it out for 2 rounds before the kid got him in a pin.
 His PE teacher messaged me the night before asking details on the event and that he was going to try and come support Cale.  He helps the middle/high school wrestling team.
Tim was REALLY excited about his "dirty nachos"
 My friends husband is also retiring this year and they are looking at possibly moving out of the area next year.  I'm going to miss her she is sweet as can be.  Her daughter dances with Kennedie.  Because the girls had dress rehearsal for competition team Saturday we got to see A LOT of each other this particular weekend!
 And our boys were together A LOT this weekend too.  They were both hangry together on Saturday at dress rehearsal.
 Cale's second match.  He had out-wrestled this kid the weekend before so we had HIGH hopes that would be the outcome again.



 I love this kid.  The other kid was obviously upset he had lost the match - and Cale went to help him up.  I loved hearing the moms around me "aww that was so sweet of him".


 Match 3.

 These two gutted it out for 3 full rounds and neither of them gave up any points.  The mom was standing right next to me video'ing and I looked at her and said "this is a GREAT match".
In a sudden death round the first person to get points wins.  This is a picture taken from a video but look at his coaches.  They were SO PROUD of my sweet bubbie.
 Before this match we knew that win or lose he was going to be a state placer and it would likely have been 6th.  Low and behold he pushed it to make it to the 3rd and 4th place match. 
 I'm glad this was a screen shot because my hands were shaking I
was so nervous and excited for Cale.  We never once mentioned to him how far along he was because once he feels pressure he backs off on his wrestling.
 Match 4 his final of the day.
Look at that bridge.  He was unwilling to get pinned!!
 He worked REALLY hard this kid was tough.  He had him in some precarious positions that didn't feel good (which is why he was crying - he was exhausted as well).  This is the other kids coach.  I love it when other coaches take a minute to talk to and congratulate the opponent.
 He was exhausted and Coach Steve was trying to tell him how proud he was of him and how far he had come that day and the end of this season!
 I mean the smiles on these Coaches faces just TELL YOU how proud they are of "their" kid.
 Coach Z had to leave so we got a picture!
 We were so proud of him.  At some point in this season he flipped a switch and it just turned on his Beast Mode because he was a completely different wrestler.  I'm sure because of it, it upset some kids no one noticed him or even paid attention to him because of the start of his season and the season he had last year when he bumped up the 10u.  He for the rest of his life will be able to say he placed in Georgia State.
 We had a while before awards so we headed over to Applebees for a late lunch.
 I made him this shirt the night before.
 "Powered by waffles"
 The championship bouts are handled differently and are not run on all the mats. 
 He was SO PUMPED.
 I love seeing him on the podium!
 10U 70 lb champs.
 This kid though....
 His dad was SO freakin proud of him.
 and so was his mom! :P

 Cale, Coach Steve and Andrew.  There was another placer but he had to leave quickly after his podium visit.
 I can not WAIT to frame this on my wall!
 Monday morning he asked if he could pack a lunch instead of eating the school lunch.  I said "yeah but you have to pack it I don't have time to do that."  I said "two twinkies?" he said "yeah uh...one is for a friend..." likely story buddy, LIKELY story.
 I caught him adding another moon-pie.
He said "I don't even feel sorry about it..." I said - "I will give you a pass today because you don't have to manage your weigh anymore but tomorrow you don't get to eat like a king!"

No comments:

Post a Comment