About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, April 20, 2020

How quarantine is looking for us!

Everyone is quarantined-or sheltering in place in America.  We are no different.  Here is what it looks like to us!

I will start off and say that for about 3 weeks at the very beginning our family was split.  Tim had left the Monday before everything started to get shut down to go work on his car with his dad.  He came back at the end of March and thankfully we have been all together since then.

During this last month we have had wrestling tournaments cancelled, dance competitions postponed, septic back up issues, virtual dance classes, baseball season is still up in the air...I'm sure the list looks the same for a lot of you.

 We lost our furbaby on the 26th.  Tim wasn't home as he still had 4 days left in Missouri with his dad.  We adopted Mason when he was 3 and he lived with us until he died.  We had this sweet dog for a long time and we are so happy that he lived past when other Labradors typically do.  If we ever decide to get another dog we will measure them to him, he never barked, didn't need a leash and would stay by our side and he never gave us any issues.  We will miss him dearly.
 Because Mason was 75 pounds and I had never dealt with the loss of a pet by myself I called my Ohana to come and help me.  They helped me get him out of the house (thankfully he died peacefully on his bed and could just be carried out on that).  They helped me dig a hole and bury him in the backyard.  This is us in the front yard social distancing.

 We started cleaning the house in places that often get missed.
 Tim came home on Sunday and on Monday we were at our appointment to get new ID cards for retirement.  The chairs in the waiting area were put 6 feet apart.  Earlier he was standing right next to me and they made a point to tell him he needed to sit down, we were too close.
 Cale loves helping in the kitchen. 
 I told him I didn't think he knew what "social distancing" meant.
 Cale was super sad when this came in.  He was invited to be on a travel wrestling team.  This was his singlet.
 In the first week we made A LOT of campfires in our fire pit. 

 We roasted hotdogs...

 and made S'mores.
 She started her zoom dance classes.  Our bedroom had the most room and privacy.
 
I finally was able to start teleworking.
 Cale had a few zoom classes. 
 We found him taking shortcuts on his homework.  It took him 2 hours to fix what he had done and didn't do.
 Tim started cleaning out the garage.
 Prepped his Harley to sell it.
 Cale was in desperate need of a haircut.
Tim didn't do half bad for his first hair cut!
Tim cleaned out the camper from top and bottom - and taught Cale how to mow grass.
 More campfires and more hotdog roasting!
 He came with me to get groceries and to get a new battery for the riding lawnmower.  He cracks me up.
 I got into making facemasks.  I made a TON of them and gave them out to people that needed them.
 Trying to figure out what was wrong with the lawnmower after putting in a new battery.  Diagnosis: carburetor.
 
We had family movie night and watched the new Trolls movie.
 my new Cameo came in!  I have been rocking the original Cameo since 2010 and I always told myself I wouldn't upgrade it until it died.  But it just kept on keepin on and wouldn't die (and it wasn't because I didn't use that bad boy!).  I found a rockin deal and decided it was time.
 Now we are at Easter.  Normally we have a HUGE Ohana gathering for Easter.  This year we were forced to spend it apart.  All of us moms were a little salty we had to create full meals on our own - and we missed A LOT of the foods some of the other mom's brought.  We decided to do Easter eggs in the instant pot.  They turned out AWESOME! They colored and everything in the 6 minutes they were in there.  (a separate blog post on that will come!)



This is when the board started to set in.

 I moved the couch, vacuumed and steam cleaned under it.  (because even though Mason had been gone 3 weeks at this point we were dealing with fleas and I was determined to rid ourselves of them!)
 
Yup THIS board.
 We found lost Ipods in the couch (missing 2 and a half years at this point) - that couldn't been found until we tipped the couch backward.  The battery is dead-dead so I have a new one on the way.
 BOARD enough to go through the missing sock bucket to find all the matches....
 and get rid of ones that didn't fit or were "janky"
It rained on Easter Sunday and it rained the Sunday after that.  We still have 2 weeks left of this "shelter in place".  I'm sure we will have every nook and cranny of our house cleaned out.  I'm hoping that things finally start slowly opening back up at the beginning of May. 

No comments:

Post a Comment